Monday, September 28, 2009

I am a nutjob

My doctor, thank goodness, did not tell me that. She agreed that my side is a little swollen. She believes that the pain may be caused by some gall bladder issues that I have been experiencing. Luckily, I have a hepatobiliary scan tomorrow. Basically, they put some radioactive stuff in you through an IV and take images of your gall bladder and liver to see how it goes through them. Or something like that. It sounds a little uncomfortable - I have to lay still for quite a while. But hopefully I'll have some answers soon.

1 comment:

thewwchick said...

Good luck with it! I had my GB out 7 years ago. My doc kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it, and that I didn't fit the criteria for having a bum GB (fat, fertile, 40, and female). I hit ALL of them except fat because I had just hit my goal weight. Come to find out, weight loss can actually provoke the GB to kick into overdrive. Come to find out it was VERY infected and full of stones. Most people have just one or two stones. I'm an overachiever! lmao