Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Challenge 2010


I'm joining a summer weight loss challenge. This time, it's Summer Challenge 2010 at No more CHUNKY DUNKING, time to skinny dip!.

The sad part is at this time last year, I was at 197. And that is about 5 pounds lighter than I am now. So nothing has really changed in a year. Well, technically that's not true. I gained 16 pounds past that 197 and then lost 11 of that. Up and down... that's my life.

Yesterday I tried on a pair of capris that I bought a year or so ago. I've never worn them and there's been times I've tried them on and couldn't get them past my hips. Yesterday, I got them on, up and buttoned. They weren't pretty (I could not wear them in public with the way they looked). So that's my number 1 goal for the end of the summer... to be able to wear those pants and not be embarassed with the way they look. It would be extra nice if they were a little big.

My other goals:

1 - Walk a 5K before the end of the challenge

2 - Get down into the 100's and stay there. No more 200's!

3 - This doesn't have anything to do with weightloss, but have fun with my kids this summer. I'm already dreading the "I'm bored, Mom! There's nothing to do!" I need to put together a list of things to do - fun, cheap things : ).

For some reason, I can't post the challenge logo... I'll try again later.

1 comment:

Desperately Seeking Thin said...

Sure you can join. Just post a pic of your scale reading your weight tomorrow and I'll post that as your start weight and we'll be doing weigh ins on Fridays. Good luck.