Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just some random thoughts

I was watching the funeral of Tim Russert today. I'm saddened by his death... and it's actually made me think about me. I know nothing about my heart health. And to be honest, I'm scared to go to the doctor. I do plan to make an appointment to have a physical - although I'd really like to lose a little weight first. I'm overdue for my yearly pap - and that's because the doctor told me at my last appointment that I needed to lose some weight. I've done anything but - I've gained 15 pounds or so since then (November 2006). I know how unhealthy it is to have extra weight on your body. I don't have the energy that I should have. I act like an old lady and I'm far from it. My knees have started to hurt while walking up stairs. I'm having a hard time getting off the floor when I'm sitting on it. All things that I never thought would happen to me. I see fat people and think "That's what I look like." It's a horrible way to live.

I've done well with the eating today. Of course, I'm going into the time of day that is difficult for me.

I'm going downstairs now to check out the treadmill that was given to us - over 6 weeks ago. It's shameful that I haven't tried it out yet.

No comments: