Thursday, August 7, 2008

How many steps a day?

A friend of mine passed on an email with information on an 18-month university research project that is trying to get inactive adults (that's me!) to improve their nutrition, be more active through walking and not gain weight (that comes directly from their web site). I signed up right away. With it, I got a pedometer and a digital scale. I've been wearing the pedometer for about five days. It's quite interesting. I have certainly realized that I do not walk enough. My number of steps ranged from 1300 to 7500. Yikes. I've been sick with broncitis and the low number shows yesterday when I just layed around and did nothing.

I'm supposed to keep track of my steps for about a week and then report back in. The program includes a walking program and a nutritional program. We shall see... hopefully it will help.

The program is www.guide-to-health.com if you are interested in looking into it. At the moment, they are not taking new participants but that may change.

No comments: