Monday, July 27, 2009

Post Reunion Weekend Follow-up

What a blast my weekend was. I had so much fun catching up with my bestest high school friends. I'm the only one that lives close to where we went to school, so my house was our home base. Three of the girls came in on Thursday and stayed with me Thursday and Friday. We caught up with one more of the girls at the Happy Hour on Friday. I got my husband to hang out with us and drive us - I owe him big! Finally, the last of the girlfriends got in Saturday morning and we picked her up at the Metro and headed straight to the picnic at the high school. My husband also brought my kids so they could see where mommy went to school.

We had a tour of the school - it is in desperate need of renovation. It was pretty sad, actually. I'm glad that we now live in an area where my kids go to newer schools. The high school was built in the late 60's and hasn't had much updating done in the past 40 years.

After the picnic, we drove around to everyone's old houses (not even their parents still live in the area). We laughed a lot and told lots of old stories. Then headed to the hotel. We had gotten rooms where the reunion was held, which was a really good move on our part.

The reunion was fun. Caught up with people I never really thought I'd see again. I was fairly comfortable in my dress... and was very glad that I invested in some shapewear!

It was the guys in my class that had changed the most. Some of them I never would have recognized. Many were much balder, grayer and heavier. The girls had gotten older but were much more recognizable.

Now I'm trying to recover. I drank way too much - I can't remember the last time I drank three nights in a row! I didn't eat very well either. But that was to be expected. I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

3 comments:

Big Girl said...

I'm so glad you had fun. Sounds like you all have a blast and really picked up where you left off.

Lisa said...

Glad you had fun!

Juice said...

My reunion is in 2 weeks. Glad you had a great experience. I hope mine is as fun!