Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Wheat for About a Week

I never realized how much of our food has wheat in it. Pretty much EVERYTHING. Bread, baked goods (like girl scout cookies!), pasta, cereal... you name it. For about a week, I've been on a quest to eliminate wheat from my diet. And it's hard. Very hard. For the past several months, I've been eating toast for breakfast. There will be no more of that - at least not for a while. No sandwiches for lunch. Even the frozen meals from Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice - that have been staples in my diet recently - are out. No pasta for dinner.

I did find some yummy granola at Trader Joe's that I've been eating... no wheat. And Rice Krispies, which I love, don't contain wheat.

My stomach has been feeling better for the past several days... and that's a very good thing. I just hope that this is not a permanent thing. I don't want to have food issues. Actually, I already have food issues... those food issues made me overweight. I don't want to have MORE food issues. I am already annoyed by all of this.

Wish me luck at my doctor's appointment next week. I'm actually really nervous about it. She's a new doctor to me - recommended my a neighbor. I'm hoping that she has good bedside manor. I need someone who will be nice to me.

1 comment:

webmom30 said...

I really really hope that it's not the wheat. That would be a nightmare to avoid 24/7. I hope you find an answer.
GL!