Friday, February 27, 2009

Reflux

My doctor's appointment went well on Monday. I got a lot of blood tests done and have to go back in a couple of weeks for a repeat liver function test - numbers were a little elevated. The doctor said it's nothing to worry about, but of course I'm doing just that... lots of worrying. Google and webmd are NOT your friend!

I was back at the doctor today for horrible abdominal and back pain. Got diagnosed with reflux and got the little purple pill. Hopefully it will kick in soon. I'm pretty miserable right now. It's been lingering for a couple of weeks, but was really excruciating today.

Lost 2 more pounds as of today. Saw a number that I haven't seen in about 5 years. I know I weighed 192 when I got pregnant in April 2004... today was 191!

3 comments:

Island Girl said...

Stopping by from OSB!!

Congrats on the weight loss and a sucessful doctor's appointment! I have learned to never look at WebMD - no matter what symptoms I have, they always lead to something serious or fatal, eekkk!! Not good for my over worrying self :)

Good luck on the coming week!

Juice said...

Way to go on the weightloss. I hope you figure out the stomach pain and reflux issue soon. It sounds like you may have some food sensitivity - I wish you all the best as you discover how to keep your body functioning at top level! What a pain to have to deal with all the symptoms in the meantime.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the loss. I hope you get feeling better, it is HORRIBLE! I have reflux too and spent 3 years on a pink pill, still have reflux just not the flare ups (was on the pill plus 2-3 antacids during the day) thanks to an awesome Dr who put me on DGL Licorice Root. Much better!