Friday, February 13, 2009

The Big 10 Percent

I had a very good week and lost 2 pounds. Which means that not only did I reach my personal Valentine's Day goal of 195... I also reached my 10% milestone with Weight Watchers. I am officially down 23.6 pounds on WW... and I'm really down 28.6 pounds from when I started on my own in August. That's big. That's a lot. I'm proud of myself. Although I have a ways to go. My new mini-goal is 175... 18 more pounds. I wonder if I can do it by the time the pool opens at the end of May.

I think it really helped that I worked out a record (for me) five times this week. Three outdoor walks and two trips to the gym. Especially since girl scout cookies came in this week and I am having a hard time avoiding them. Although I will tell you that I have not eaten an entire sleeve of thin mints as I have in years past. Four thin mints are four points... and that's plenty : ).

I have a doctor's appointment for a physical in a couple of weeks. I would like to tell her that I have recently lost 30 pounds. I haven't had a real physical in about 10 years... which I know is not good. But I'm taking control of my health now and making myself a priority... and that is a good thing.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG! That's fantastic! Congratulations! I can't wait until I get to 10%.

You know, you are an inspiration to me. You had a bad patch awhile back but you pushed through it and look at you now! It just proves my theory that if I never give up it's bound to happen sooner or later :-)

You should be very proud of yourself, lady!

Big Girl said...

Congrats on the loss. It's so great and you are right, that is a lot.

I had to laugh about eating a whole sleeve of Thin Mints... I'm glad I wasn't the only one doing that. But, not any more.