Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Hard Weekend with Eating

I went out both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend. And some of the activities while going out centered around food. And I did not make the best choices. Although when I look back to it I see that I could have done much worse.

On Friday, I got together with some girlfriends. We went to dinner - I had fish and chips. Chips meaning fries. And I ate the whole thing. The movies were our next stop. We saw "Four Christmases", which I really enjoyed. It was short (like 80 minutes) and I wasn't really happy about spending $10 for the movie. Really... $10? When did movies go up to $10? I obviously haven't gone to a movie at night in a long time. The good news is that I didn't have any snacks at the movies. After spending $10 for the ticket, I wasn't spending any more money. And I was stuffed from dinner. After the movies, it was on to Bonefish for drinks. I had a delicious mojito - mmmmmm.... And no dessert for me!

On Saturday, the family went into the city to see it's Christmas tree with some friends. Then out to dinner. Unfortunately, the "restaurant" was really more of a bar and there wasn't much on the menu that was good for you. I ended up having french onion soup (which was sooo good) and ate some of my daughter's turkey club (just ate some of the turkey). What did me in, though, was the two ciders I had. And I happened to glance at the label when I was almost finished with the second one... 200 calories. Yikes!

So when I weighed myself on Sunday (yes, I still need to work on not weighing myself every day), it said 202. The positive is that today, it was back down to 199. So that's good. I need to work some to lose a little more this week. I'd like a bigger cushion between my current weight and 200. And I have two (yes, two!) cookie exchanges this week. I plan, though, to bring the cookies home and stick them right into the freezer until I take them out when we have people here for Christmas.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I know the feeling... Had a bit of a bad week myself, behavior-wise. The best thing to do is get right back on the wagon! Good luck to you!

Juice said...

Oh, I can relate - check out my blog to see how I gained FOUR lbs in a week. Yikes! I hope your cookie exchanges turned out ok. That would be like crack cocaine to me.