Sunday, September 21, 2008

Calorie Counting

A friend of mine has been working to lose weight and has lost 100 pounds in the past year or so. I emailed her and asked if she could share some tips. She said that she's been following the diet from the Biggest Loser books and that really, it's about calorie counting. She said that you should multiply your weight by 7 and that's how many calories you should be eating. Yikes... that's a lot of calories. I do know that you need to eat those calories in order to keep your metabolism up. So I've been trying to mentally keep track of my calories. What I really need to do is write down what I eat. That's one of my short term goals.

You rarely hear about calorie counting any more. You hear about fiber and fat grams and high fructose corn syrup. But it may be as simple as counting calories. Who knew?

I have lost 8 pounds and I saw a number on the scale that I haven't seen in a while. It's not nearly the amount that I'd like to have lost, but it's a start. My wonderful husband has lost about 20 pounds in the same amount of time. That's not fair at all, but it's all about testosterone... yadda, yadda. He has been doing well and running just about every day. So he's definitely exercising more than I am.

No comments: