Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday weigh-in

Some good news... I lost 1.4 pounds this week. With my gain last week, that puts me down 5.4 pounds since I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago. Not bad. My personal goal was to lose 10 pounds by Halloween. Not sure if I'll do that... perhaps by Veteran's Day.

One thing I love about autumn is apples. They are very inexpensive this time of year and around here, we have a bunch of apple orchards where you can go pick your own. We're thinking about doing that on Sunday. Anyway, apples are only 1 point on the WW scale - I've been eating at least one a day. They'd be even better in a pie or crisp... but I'll just stick to the apples for now. Although I'm sure I can find a WW friendly apple pie-like recipe. Anyone have one?

The past two years, I've bought Halloween shirts on clearance at Old Navy. Is it just me or are Old Navy clothes just not cut right for bigger girls? It's depressing. And when I bought them (in size XXL), I thought, "this will be way too small for me next year." Yeah right. Because I didn't do anything for the past two years to improve my weight, they're not too small. And even though they are big sized, they fit like crap. Damn. I need to find a big girl Halloween shirt, but where? I promise I'll freecycle it next year when it's way too big.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that your dieting is going fairly well. It's a shame you might not reach your target goal in time, but keep at it and who knows!

Have you heard of Stacker 2's new Diet & Energy shot? If you're looking for a pick me up drink which will help you lose some weight while also giving you a boost of energy, you should definitely check it out. It comes in a Tropical Blast flavor and has zero calories. Take a look at it at www.stacker2.com

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I work with Stacker 2 so if you have any questions about the drink or anything feel free to ask me. We'd love to hear what you think about it! Good luck reaching your weight loss goal. :)

Andy Gerrard
Brand Ambassador
andystacker2@gmail.com