Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How do you hold yourself accountable?

I was talking to a friend this morning and that is what she asked me. We were talking about WW online, which is the program I'm using to lose weight right now. My answer was "I just do." She said that she would probably cheat. I told her if I had tried this six months ago, I may have failed. I was not ready then... I was ready on September 25th when I started. If I cheated, I would only be cheating myself. I have been being honest with myself and tracking all of my points... even when I ate 61 points in one day.

I have so far to go. But I am proud of the fact that I weigh less now than I have in at least two years. And 15 pounds from now, I'll be less than I've been in at least four and a half years.

I have noticed things in my head changing. I have been doing far less eating without thinking. There were donut holes when I was today. I did not eat any. There was coffee cake where I was yesterday. Again, none for me. Two months ago, I would have chowed down without even thinking twice about it.

I didn't get an official work out done yesterday during preschool. Instead, I went Christmas shopping. But that was a lot of walking. I walked over 7,000 steps yesterday - which is about what is on my pedometer on the days where I walk for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Miss JC said...

Hey girl! I just found you on OSB, and I can totally relate. I have a LOT of weight to lose...not just a mere 10-15 pounds like some of the girls do. Also, I'm doing WW Online as well, so I can totally relate to the whole 61 point day issue. Nice to meet you! I'm Johnna, by the way!

Juice said...

I love that we started WW on the same day. I agree with you that timing is everything. I feel like I'm successful this time because I'm doing it for myself - not a boyfriend, not my parents, etc. It was just (finally) the right time for me.