Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nutritional Information

Like a lot of people, I eat out way too much. We've been trying to limit it due to our budget, but sometimes it's so much easier to eat out. Restaurants have come so far when it comes to giving us nutritional information. It's so much easier now to look up information on the restaurant's web site and figure out my points.

For lunch today, I ate at Potbelly. Not only do they have nutritional information, it's all interactive on their web site. You can click on the different aspects of the sandwich you ate - it gives you all the information you need to figure out your points. To get to the nutritional info, click on "Our Food" and then "nutritional information." I had 1/2 of a turkey sandwich (4 points) and a cup of garden veggie soup (1 point).

For dinner tonight, we met some friends at Moe's. Yummy. I usually get a kid's meal (it's really enough food), which is what I did today. I had the Moo Moo Mr. Cow, which is their kid's burrito and it was 8 points. I could have reduced the points by having no cheese or tortilla, but I had the points to use today so I had it the way I like it. Their web site nutritional information is the same as Potbelly - all interactive. Here's the link that goes directly to their nutritional info. And it even has the info for desserts, so I knew the cookie was "only" 4 points and since I had points to use, I ate it and it was delicious!

No comments: