Friday, November 21, 2008

Weigh-in and Thoughts on Thanksgiving

I'm down 1.8 pounds this week. That was a bit of a surprise since I didn't think I did very well, especially since there wasn't much exercising or fruit/veggie eating this week. I did stay within my points every day but one and didn't eat hardly any of my weekly points. So it's all good! I'm 2.6 pounds away from my Christmas goal. I'm not sure if that's going to happen this week - I'm being realistic.

Thanksgiving is going to be hard. It's one of my favorite days of the year. A lot of my very favorite foods... and lots of it. I did tell my mom that I'd like to make some of the dishes a little on the lighter side this year. I mentioned making carrots. She said "We could make Grandma's buttered carrots." Not quite what I had in mind. I'm going to do my very best and not beat myself up about what I eat.

A good thing that we are doing on Thanksgiving... a Turkey Trot. My husband and brother-in-law are going to run the 5K. My sister, brother, sister-in-law and I, along with the kids (most of them in strollers) are walking the 2 mile "fun walk." Although I've seen the weather forecast for that day - not sure how fun it's going to be walking 2 miles in the freezing cold. But we'll just make sure we're dressed for the weather and I'll earn some activity points before the big meal!

3 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

The Turkey Trot sounds like fun! Good for you for getting a nice walk in before the big meal!

Juice said...

Thanksgiving is going to be tough for me too, but as they say at ww - it is a holiday, not a holiweek!
Just don't take home the leftovers (unless they are healthy ones).

GREAT JOB planning exercise with the whole family!

Lori said...

I'm doing a turkey trot tomorrow, too!

Great job on getting some activity done - way more than 95% of Americans on Turkey day!