Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back on Track After a Short Break

I was a little worried about Thanksgiving and it turns out I needed to be. I had decided in advance not to track points that day, but to be careful with my eating. I did not want to deprive myself or drive myself crazy. I did not go too overboard. I took small servings of the Thanksgiving foods that I love and did not go back for seconds. I did eat way too much of the brie appetizer that was made. I also had a small piece of cake and a small piece of pie.

My sister-in-law told us that she had heard that the average person eats 4,800 calories on Thanksgiving. I do not think I did that. We did walk in the turkey trot on Thanksgiving, so I did get some exercise before eating all that food!

Unfortunately for me, my not keeping track of points on Thursday turned into not keeping track of points on Friday... or Saturday. I did not go crazy on either of those days, but I know I ate more than I should have. I had Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch and dinner on Friday (including dessert) and we had dinner out on Saturday.

I am back on track now. I will be counting my points daily again. I also decided not to weigh in this week. My weigh in day is Friday and I thought for my mental health, I shouldn't weigh myself the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be working hard the rest of the week to have a decent number on the scale this week.

2 comments:

carla said...

cheeeeeering you on.

as you are entirely back on track because you are choosing to be so.

you CAN do this.

MizFit

Juice said...

Cute new blog design! I hear you with the brie. I have such a weekness for that whenever it is served. I can't buy it for myself!

Here's to both of us registering lower numbers this week at weigh in. :)