Friday, November 14, 2008

Recipe - Chicken Apple Chili

I can't remember which blog I found the recipe for Creamy Chicken Apple Chili, but I made it last night and it was delicious!

I modified it a bit (I used way less butter and oil than the recipe called for). I used chicken breasts and cooked them in the crock pot all day and shredded them (so no olive oil for that). I only used 1 tbsp of olive oil for the onion and apples. I used 2 tbsp of butter instead of 4. I also only used one can of cannelini beans instead of 2 (only because that's what I had in the pantry). When I added it all up, it was only 5 points for a one cup serving.

Even my kids liked it. So that's a success. And there's some left over, so I'm going to have some for lunch.

If you are the one that originally posted the recipe - thank you! Leave me a comment and I'll give you the kudos you deserve!

No comments: